Lethal Pollution Killing People in Delhi
Facts About Pollution
1. A new IQAir AirVisual report, which covered 3,000 cities of the world, has revealed that Gurugram (a.k.a. Gurgaon) a suburb of the Indian capital New Delhi is the most polluted city of the world while 22 of the top 30 polluted cities are in India.
2. Delhi remains the most polluted capital across the world in 2018, as per a study conducted by the environment-protection organization Greenpeace. The air quality in the national capital region has been constantly deteriorating.
3. An interactive tool on the Breathe Life 2030 website shows a Particulate Matter (PM) 2.5 level of 143 micrograms per cubic metre (annual mean) in India’s capital New Delhi. This is over 14 times over the WHO (World Health Organization) safe level of 10 µg/m3. Simply put, the people of Delhi are inhaling poison from the air.
4. Bureaucratic and political corruption is the main reason for lethal pollution in Delhi. While the corrupt authorities in Delhi are not taking any steps to tackle pollution, the distressed citizens have no other option but to leave the city.
5. It is now being observed that many people are running away from Delhi like refugees or Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs). As a result, India is falling in the category of countries with large IDP populations – such as Syria, Colombia, Iraq, Congo, Sudan, Nigeria, and Somalia.
6. Delhi Government, the Indian Government, and the pollution-control agencies are not taking proper steps to control pollution because most politicians and bureaucrats in India are corrupt, uneducated, and careless.
7. As pollution in Delhi has reached alarming levels, according to University of Chicago research, the lifespan of Delhi-dwellers is shortened by more than ten years.
8. According to the findings of a new study released in 2018, nearly 15,000 people died prematurely in Delhi during 2016 from illnesses linked to PM 2.5 pollution. In other words, pollution is killing nearly 42 people everyday in Delhi.
9. The residents of Delhi are now facing an immediate threat from lethal dust and noise pollution as cooperative group housing societies (CGHS) are carrying out Floor Area Ratio (FAR) extended construction in the occupied housing complexes where millions of people – men, women, children, and senior citizens – are already living.
10. The extreme pollution in Delhi is being compared to the poisonous gas chambers used by Nazi Germany during the Holocaust for the genocide of millions of European Jews.
11. As pollution in Delhi / India is harmful to millions of Indians as well as people in other parts of the world with its impact on global warming and climate change, its lethal effect is equivalent to weapons of mass destruction.
12. The Air Quality Index (AQI) in Delhi remains at hazardous or unhealthy level throughout the year. But the government and pollution-control agencies do not take any steps to combat pollution.
13. Although the government does not release data about pollution-related deaths in Delhi, it is estimated that nearly 4,000 people die every month and thousands of others fall sick at the current level of pollution in the city.
14. The Indian government including bureaucrats and politicians are causing serious environmental damage which is harmful for the entire planet. Therefore, the global community including the UN and the U.S. Department of State and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) must impose strict economic, diplomatic, and trade sanctions on India. The Indian ministers, politicians, and top officials must be punished with travel bans on them and freezing of their assets, and they should be declared as environmental terrorists.
Dust Pollution: As construction dust includes cement particles, it is more harmful than ordinary dust in the atmosphere. If construction activity is carried out in localities where people live, dust pollution will cause serious, incurable diseases among them. The diseases include irritation in eyes, skin rashes, coughing, sneezing, hayfever, asthma attacks, and amnesia.
Green Group of Delhi
The major activities of the Green Group of Delhi are around environment protection to save the environment from air pollution, dust pollution, noise pollution, water pollution, etc. in order to minimize the effect of pollution on Climate Change. This is a non-political, non-partisan Group which covers different parts of India’s capital New Delhi and surrounding areas such as Gurgaon, Noida, and Faridabad.
While there is an attempt to reactivate the Green Group of Delhi after the coronavirus pandemic, currently all the activities are being managed single-handedly (without any support) by RMN Foundation founder Rakesh Raman who had left his job a few years ago to run this charity.
Bank Name: ICICI Bank
Bank Branch: HL Square, Plot No. 6, Sector 5 (MLU), Dwarka, New Delhi 110 075
Account Number: 025005004368
Account Name: RMN Foundation
Type of Account: Current
IFSC Code: ICIC0000250
Or you can click here to donate online.
Publications: Clean Climate Environment News Magazine (July 2021) [ Click here to download. ]
|Download Latest Issues of Clean Climate Magazine|
|June 2021||July 2021|
|Download Previous Issues of Clean Climate Magazine|
|November 2018||December 2018||January 2019|
|February 2019||March 2019||April 2019|
|May 2019||June 2019||July 2019|
|August 2019||September 2019||October 2019|
|November 2019||December 2019||January 2020|
|February 2020||March 2020||April 2020|
|December 2020||January 2021||February 2021|
|March 2021||April 2021||May 2021|
You can download and study our research report: Lethal Gas Chambers of India: Research Report on Pollution in Delhi.
Click here to know the pollution levels in different cities.
Meet our Greeners At present, the activities of the Green Group are being supported by the following members (names in alphabetical order): [ Note: While there is an attempt to reactivate the Green Group of Delhi, currently all the activities are being managed by RMN Foundation founder Rakesh Raman. ]
The activities of different organizational areas are being run by the following Green Group members / volunteers:
|Public / Media Relations||Outreach Programs||Administration||Development|
|Deep Shree||Balbir Singh||Shailendra Saxena||Sushma Raizada|
|Rohit Moolchandani||Ashutosh Saxena||Shailly Srivastava||Bimla Singh|
The Group holds mass awareness campaigns, environment protection education programs, intellectual discussions, and so on. It also coordinates with the government and law-enforcement agencies in Delhi to create a healthy living environment for people.
You are invited to join the Green Group of Delhi as a member by filling in the online form given below. People from the entire city of Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, and Faridabad can join the Green Group as members. More than 1 person from a family can become the member by providing their details in separate forms.
463, DPS Apts., Plot No. 16, Sector 4
Dwarka, Phase I, New Delhi 110 078, INDIA
Donate for the RMN Foundation Charity
Donate for a cause. Your donation will help us provide our services to the poor and the needy. You can choose the amount that you want to donate from the options given below.
You also can select any of the Payment Methods:
Offline Donation: To know our bank details for online bank transfer and payment by cheque.
PayPal: To make payment by Credit / Debit Card or PayPal account.